Line in the sand

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:41:27 -0700
To: eowg <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>, Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>

My heels are fully dug in about both the wording and intent of 4.2 in
WCAG 2.0.

If we get to the point where anybody else would like to join this fray,
let's do it.

The provision of the ghettoizing "provide an accessible alternative" is
very like a quaint concept from America's past: "separate but equal".

This is just simply not acceptable.

Allowing something to "pass" on the basis of this guideline subverts the
entire purpose of integration/inclusion that underlie why there's such a
thing as an "accessiblity problem".

Love.