Re: Web site documents for review for 12 December 2003 Teleconference

At 12:52 PM 12/11/2003 -0600, Shawn Lawton Henry wrote:

>a. Overview of User Centered Design Process (UCD)
>         - http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/ucd.html
>         - review if you want a brief description of the process that the
>
>                 WAI Site Task Force (WSTF) is using in redesign

Nice work, simplify repetitive references to Rubin   .... Rubin ibid.

>b. WAI Site Vision Statement
>         - http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/vision
>         - please review the entire document (which is just one short
>page/screen)
    * is welcoming, encourages visitors to use the site; draws people in -
into the site, into WAI process, into Web accessibility
too much "into"  another bullet list level instead.

>c. User Roles List
>         - http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/users
>         - please review the User Group List at the top
>         - {feel free to also review the User Group Matrix, the second
>section)

"Managers and assistants to managers" -- Managers and their staff

A group that isn't clearly covered is those who trust their software
(Microsoft Word for example)
to make their html web pages. Possibly an amateur, say working for a
non-profit organization,
who has only secondarily the task of making a web-page. Good luck. Need to
point to
where help is available.

Suggest put the table coding before the table to which it applies.

>d. User Personas
>         http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/personas
>         - please at least skim the personas to see if you think an
>important one is missing

Chandra
... information will be used XtoX as part of ...

Politics aside, Dean has an effective and important popular use of his
website.

     http://www.deanforamerica.com/

where most accessibility issues have been addressed. I'm not prepared to
write about
politicians, though this is an important example. It is a bit format-heavy
-- as noted by WAVE 3.0.

[By the way, the write-up of WAVE is quite dated in the resources page.].

>e. Task List
>         http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/tasks
>         - please review the Task List at the top
>         - {feel free to also review the Task-User Matrix, the second

Suggest some grouping of the task list, and link to user matrix row that
explains it.

>section)
>
>f. WAI Site Contents List
>         - http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/site-contents
>         - please think of pages you have trouble finding on the WAI
>site,
>                 and then check that they are in the list

Nice way to show the site with its top-level links. Is its generation from
a public tool?

>Looking forward to your feedback!
>
>~ Shawn
>

>Shawn Lawton Henry