Re: Training pages

From: Alan Cantor <acantor@interlog.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 23:28:15 -0400
To: "Education and Outreach Working Group" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
I looked through the new materials and generally like them. Good work, Judy!
The "spare" front end is good.

When planning any kind of training session or workshop or curriculum, I always
express objectives and activities using the imperative verb form. This was
done on the main page,

which is very clear:

1. Determine Needs and Expectations

2. Choose Resources and Approaches

3. Arrange Resources in Advance

I suggest applying the same principle to the navigation bar, so that

planning | objectives | resources | arranging | perspectives

reads something like:

Plan the session | Set objectives | Identify resources | Arrange resources |
Get ideas from web accessibility trainers.

There are a couple of minor problems with

1. Link to info about the accessibility features in I.E. 4.01 is out of date.

2. Link to screen magnification info at www.magnifiers.demon.nl is dead.

Finally, I noticed no description of keyboard-only access to the Web: using
internet software without a mouse. Keyboard-only access is used by people who
are blind, laptop users, and sometimes by people with upper-body mobility
impairments or learning disabilities. This is less of an assistive technology
than an alternative access strategy, and it is something that I could write
for this purpose (if I haven't done so already!)