Re: Shorter and more URGENT

I think that what the guidelines say about noframes (i.e. that they are P2,
in the case where you are using frames) is correct. I think that noframes is
an important part of using frames accessibly, and is something taht is still
very rarely done properly, and should therefore be on the card. I have no
problem with what is already there, excpet I think the lack of mentioning
noframes is a serious ommission in the context of the card (especially at the
price of 11 letters, including 8 bold ones, plus a space.

I don't think that either Daniel or I are about to change our repsective
minds on the importance of this (we haven't in the last 6 or 8 months) and I
don't think it is important enough to hold up printing of the card. I do
think it is important enough to keep asking for it, and I will. (The luxury
of not being chair). In the absence of that, I think the proposals and the
current text are all good enough. If it fits, I think meaningful is a useful
thing to say about labelling.

I have read all the comments posted on this issue to date. I agree with Ian
that providing longdesc and providing noframes require different types of
thinking. I disagree (tentatively) with the idea that one or the other is
more difficult to do well.

Charles McCN