Re: FW: longdesc bug

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:34:05 -0400 (EDT)
To: Heather Swayne <hswayne@MICROSOFT.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Well, it depends. In order to be XML the Quote marks are required. No quote
marks means it is not a well-formed XML document.

Reference: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-common-syn

What Jeff says below is correct for SGML languages such as HTML versions
prior to XHTML, but as far as I know Word is meant to produce XML.

cheers

Chaals