Re: Notes from Oct 15 meeting

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:57:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
cc: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Couple of corrections:

  CMN: There may be some funding for work on this coming in 6 to 8 weeks.

new: I will know in 6 t o8 weeks whether some funding for a person to do some
work on Authoring Tools has been made available. THe work would not start
until some time next year.

  CMN: W3C says it's ok to pay people to join the group. But
  sub-contracting is more difficult.

new: It is clearly OK for W3C members to pay people to participate. W3C pays
staff, who particpate in Working groups among other responsibilities, and has
payed subcontractors, but I don't personally know under what arrangements or
constraints.

Thanks as always

Charles