RE: Authoring Tool product managers (more contacts)

From: Charles (Chuck) Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:13:43 -0800
To: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong@naw.org>, w3c-wai-au@w3.org
FYI - Product Managers are usually marketing folks.  While they may have
some input into the design of a product, they rarely have the ability to
make commitments.  I notice that a bunch of folks listed are marketers and
such and that's fine - a good foot in the door.  Just take what they say
with a grain of salt <smile>

It's my opinion that if the AU group wants to be effective, they should look
at the market share for HTML generators, pick the top 3 and get buy off from
the decision makers.  Otherwise it's a academic exercise.