RE: Authoring Tool product managers (more contacts)

At 08:13 AM 1/5/99 -0800, you wrote:
>FYI - Product Managers are usually marketing folks.  While they may have
>some input into the design of a product, they rarely have the ability to
>make commitments.  I notice that a bunch of folks listed are marketers and
>such and that's fine - a good foot in the door.  Just take what they say
>with a grain of salt <smile>

I've often found that putting pressure on the product managers often has a
trickle effect. It can go all the way up to top management. Often times the
engineers and programers want to implement features such as full HTML 4.0
or CSS-1 compliance but management tends to not care so much about features
as getting the product out on-schedule. That's where users come in....if
the customer-base applies the right pressure, things can change.
--
B.K. DeLong                  360 Huntington Ave.
Director                         Suite 140CSC-305

http://www.world-webmasters.org
bkdelong@naw.org