Re: SD5 - Namespaces

At 09:22 AM 05/21/97 +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
>Murray Altheim writes:
>> I can't remember who mentioned it initially, but I kinda prefer two
>> colons "::" to one ":", since it mirrors FPIs' namespace delimiter.
>> Also, it's more unique (and hence explicit) than a single colon.
>> Either way, agreed: a neat idea.
>
>I agree. This presumably just means a change to the SGML Dec to allow
>the colon in names?

True; but remember that we cannot express in SGML the claim that ":" has a
special meaning within GIs.

We could do so in XML, of course (though it would be tricky to allow
single-colon as any old namechar, yet reserve double colon as a delimiter).

gi ::= gipart
     | gipart "::" gi

gipart ::= namestart namechar*

Steven J. DeRose, Ph.D., Chief Scientist
Inso Electronic Publishing Solutions
   (formerly EBT)