AW: Couldn't XML allow and ignore omitted tag minimization

I srongly support this position. There are many of SGML applications and
SGML approaches which can gain a big push by XML.

Therefore SGML conformity should be there if possible. Its OK, if Tag
minimization is no longer allowed, but the syntax of element declaration
should not be different from SGML.

BTW: I would prefer having shorttags, since this can make big and
complex XML-documents significant smaller without loosing any
information as long as there are no empty elements without endtag
respectively the <empty/> - notation.

======
Bernhard Weichel              Phone:  (49) 711 811 8322
Robert Bosch GmbH               Fax:  (49) 711 811 8262
Dept. K3/EES4                 eMail:  bernhard.weichel@pcm.bosch.de
(MIME)
P.O. Box 30 02 40                     k3ees4_wl@siiks.a1.bosch.de (no
MIME)