Re: New work-queue item: Conditional inclusion

From: Gavin Nicol <gtn@eps.inso.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:59:26 -0400
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
><related-issue>
>I have also wondered whether there should be a "preprocessing
>instruction", namely another kind of delimiter targetted at
>servers. I would suggest it use  cpp  delimiters:
>	PPIO	"&#RS;#"
>	PPIC	"&#RE"
>This would take over the server-side inclusion facility.  </>

I do not see this as necessary. The same effect can be achieved by
using an element to notify the application that inclusion should
occur. I hould note that it doesn;t even buy you anything, because
you'd still have to perform a roughly equivalent amount of parsing in
order to figure out what to include, and where.