Re: GROW UP!

From: Gavin Nicol <gtn@eps.inso.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 15:11:52 -0400
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
>You know, I'm so sick of this behavior and of people's arrogant
>disregard of all the polite requests we've made to change it that I'm
>ready to agree to this.

I do not consider duplicates a case of arrogance at all. I deal with
them. I do consider Tim's and your message to come very close to
crossing the line though. We are all serving the purpose of this
group, and thereby serving the group. No-one should have unilateral
control of the group, nor the right to *demand* the group in general
to conform to a policy. The right to *ask* for certain behaviours
is reserved for all, of course.

>If you're not willing to put this much effort into your
>postings then either they are not worth sending or you are not worth
>having on the list.

Some of us are extraordinarily busy. I get over 200 email messages a
*day*, so I can guarantee that at times I will not edit headers. If
you believe that I have nothing worth contributing to the group,
remove me now.