Re: Comments on XML Part 1 from Japanese experts

From: Murata Makoto <murata@apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 14:12:10 +0900
To: gtn@eps.inso.com (Gavin Nicol)
Cc: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Gavin Nicol writes:
>I disagree. I have seen *many* Japanese people become *very* confused
>when they include (accidently or not) an ideographics space character
>into their DTD or whatever, and have a parser fail.

This is an error message issue.  To be friendly to Japanese users,
XML parsers should say "Ideographic space characters (zenkaku space)
are not allowed here.  Use space characters (hankaku space)."

Fuji Xerox Information Systems
Tel: 044-812-7230   Fax: 044-812-7231
E-mail: murata@apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp