Re: Suggestion: A link model

From: W. Eliot Kimber <eliot@isogen.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 15:24:15 -0900
To: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
At 06:35 PM 12/28/96 -0500, David G. Durand wrote:
>A few suggestions for things that I think we need. I am describing these
>somewhat like architectural forms, and somewhat like algebraic data types.
>I am using prose, to avoid the prejudicing effect of inventing a new
>notation, or abusing an old one.

Even though David and I often disagree on details and use of terminology
(and, to a larger degree, the existence of HyTime as a "good thing", which
is, ultimately, a religious argument that cannot be resolved to anybody's
satisfaction), I do completely agree with David's suggestions here: they
are essentially identical to those I plan to complete just as soon as the
holidays and Evil Cedar Pollen Allergy release me).

I don't really care how the design is conveyed in the spec: architectural
forms, whatever, as long as it's clear and precise.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber (eliot@isogen.com)
Senior SGML Consulting Engineer, Highland Consulting