Re: collecting objections

>On 2003-09-27 04:27, "ext pat hayes" <phayes@ihmc.us> wrote:
>

>>  However, I have to say, looking at the email messages cited,
>>  particularly from Patrick, it seems that in May, Patrick approved
>>  strongly of the design where XML literals were syntactically
>>  distinguished and not considered typed literals; but when I
>>  re-suggested that we revert to this design in my 'wet fish' message
>>  after Martin raised this issue - using, I now see, essentially the
>>  same arguments that Patrick had used (typing and lang tags don't mix:
>>  XML needs lang tags; ergo, XML literals are not typed) it was Patrick
>>  who was most vehement in raising objections to it. Funny old world,
>>  ennit?
>
>I have supported numerous proposals over these many months, some
>which I personally supported, and others which I could merely live
>with, often motivated by the need to achieve *any* solution
>which was minimally workable and sufficiently palatable to
>all interested parties.
>
>I've busted my *ass* over the past two years on this, trying
>hard to offer ideas and alternatives that meet the needs and
>wants of various individuals and groups while still retaining
>a generic, scalable, portable, and framework agnostic design.

We all have thoroughly busted asses, my dear fellow. I am going to
have a ritual bonfire of the discs when this is all over and I feel
able to purge all the previous copies of all the documents I have
written.

>I refuse to be treated as a scapegoat in this debacle.

Sorry, I didnt mean to scapegoat you in particular, I was just
remarking on a change of heart I hadnt noticed previously.

>Be cautious in what you infer. Be very cautious, Pat.

No inference intended. Like Jeremy, and I am sure yourself, I am now
totally persuaded by the consensus of my colleagues and will never
again differ from any of them on any matter.

Pat

>Patrick

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell