Re: I18N Issue alternative: collapsing plain and xml literals

* Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> [2003-09-09 17:23+0100]

> Patrick Stickler wrote:
> >

> >I've tried to be careful not to describe it as a proposal.  This is an
> >alternative design.  I'm not proposing it, just describing it.
> >
> >	At this stage in the game, are "descriptions that
> >	aren't proposals" really productive? Can there
> >	even be such a distinction?
>
> I did wonder about that, but was persuaded by Danbri that it was worth
> sending this in.

I think it is important to document that WG members have, offline and
on, given thoughtful consideration to alternative designs and the
(not always immediately obvious) ramifications for the rest of our
design and those (such as OWL's) that depend on it.

Dan