Re: I18N Issue alternative: collapsing plain and xml literals

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:23:18 +0100
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Patrick Stickler wrote:

> I've tried to be careful not to describe it as a proposal.  This is an
> alternative design.  I'm not proposing it, just describing it.
>
> 	At this stage in the game, are "descriptions that
> 	aren't proposals" really productive? Can there
> 	even be such a distinction?

I did wonder about that, but was persuaded by Danbri that it was worth
sending this in.

I'm certain there is a distinction between advocacy and description.
I'm not proposing this in the sense that I'm interested in understanding
this design better, but am not proposing that we change the current design.