RE: xmlsch-02 whitespace facet discussion

Hmmm....

This is an interesting entailment.

I think the key question is whether XML Schema whitespace processing
is part of the XML Schema specific interpretation of typed literals
having XSD datatypes.

You are saying that it is not. Is there anything from the XML Schema
specs or the XML Schema WG that support that?

IMO, it's really for the XML Schema folks to say whether "  3  "
is or is not an acceptable lexical representation when interpreted
in terms of the datatype xsd:int.

It might be.

My presumption was that it would be.

If there is some clear evidence showing that my presumption is
incorrect, I'd like to know it.

Patrick