typed literals and language tags - two more proposals

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 10:59:00 +0200
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

For the telecon this afternoon here are the other two proposals.
I will send two further messages, one listing the defects as I see them for
each proposal, the second suggesting a mini-agenda for this issue.
> Option 2:
> Literals can have both a type and a language tag if and only if
> the type is
> rdf:XMLLiteral, otherwise unchanged.

PROPOSE
  Concepts is changed to say that a literal can only have both a datatype
and a language tag when the datatype is rdf:XMLLiteral.
  Other editors to make consequential changes.

> Option 4:
> Language tag is simply dropped from all typed literals including
> rdf:XMLLiteral

PROPOSE
  Concepts is changed to say that a literal can have either a datatype or a
language tag and not both.
  rdf:XMLLiteral datatype is changed to have the identity as its lexical
value mapping (no wrapping), with consequential change to the value space of
rdf:XMLLiteral.
  Other editors to make consequential changes.

[Note Option 4, IMO, requires notification of pfps(08) and reagle(01,02)]