Re: working on it (RDFS - if/iff)

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:59:48 +0200
To: "Dan Connolly <connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, w3c-rdfcore-wg-request@w3.org

> > Pat
> >
> > we still have to *decide* whether we want to go the way in the
documents you
> > produced last week, or along the lines of the after hours conversation.
>
> I agree that we need to decide...
>
> DanBri, Graham, Jan, Mike Dean, everybody: please let's
> make this decision consciously. Please form an opinion
> and let us know.
>

> I can't find any rationale for the iff choice, other than it's
> what was in the last call
> spec. I find the lack of a proof of completeness of the rules
> evidence of unnecessary complexity. *Why* does anybody
> want rules 12a/12b?

we use them as simple Horn rules to get evidence
for the case

rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf :xcd.
:xcd rdfs:domain :ycd.
rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf :xcr.
:xcr rdfs:range :ycr.
rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subPropertyOf :xpd.
:xpd rdfs:domain :ypd.
rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subPropertyOf :xpr.
:xpr rdfs:range :ypr.

RDFS-entails

rdfs:Class rdfs:subClassOf :ycd.
rdfs:Class rdfs:subClassOf :ycr.