RE: Proposed response for timbl-02 (reification semantics)

I have no problem with <s1> and <s2> denoting the same thing.

> Should we ask that a
> health warning
> be attached to owl:sameIndividualAs?

Not at all.

> I'm really concerned about this test case. It seems to mix formal
> notions (owl:sameIndividualAs) and woolly ones ("strongly suggests").
>
> Presumably there is an analogous warning to be attached to datatypes?
> Since (sooner or later) we might find the situation that
>
> 	_:jan eg:age "21.0"^^xsd:decimal .
>
> "strongly implies" that
>
> 	_:jan eg:age "21"^^xsd:int .

After thinking about this some more, I've realized that I don't have
a problem with the inference you suggested. I.e., I'm OK with
the following entailment

{
   _:s a rdf:Statement .
   _:s rdf:subject <s1> .
   _:s rdf:predicate <p1> .
   _:s rdf:object <o1> .
   _:s #source #x .
   <s1> owl:sameIndividual <s2> .
   <p1> owl:sameIndividual <p2> .
   <o1> owl:sameIndividual <o2> .
}
log:implies
{
   _:s a rdf:Statement .
   _:s rdf:subject <s2> .
   _:s rdf:predicate <p2> .
   _:s rdf:object <o2> .
   _:s #source #x .
}

because reification, as now defined, is not quoting.

If we add verbage of any kind, then it should be to the effect
that such entailments hold.

Sorry for the short detour...

Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com