Re: test case: is RDF/XML layered on XML?

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:32:25 +0100
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 11:39 30/09/2002 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:

> > This is one of many possible test cases to clarify whether RDF/XML is
> > really layered on XML, and we whether we expect standard XML processing to
> > apply:
>
>Why is this question being asked?

Thought it might make a change from tidy/untidy :)

In a recent conversation I thought it was said that there was no
requirement that an RDF/XML processor need do 'standard' xml processing.  I
didn't think that was the case and wanted to check.

[...]

>Yes

That is the answer I expected.

>But what exact point is this demonstrating?

In effect that you do need to run the RDF/XML through a conformant XML parser.