Re: DECIDED: untidy semantics

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:25:11 +0300
To: "Brian McBride <bwm" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "ext Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Cc: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> one can have
>    <something> <someproperty> _:somelabel"somestring" .
> when using an explicit rdf:nodeId attribute

It also needs to be pointed out that systemID prefixed
literals are proposed for the abstract syntax and N-Triples,
not for N3.

N3 is perfectly free to provide more user-friendly forms
of expression, such as allowing the omission of the
systemID prefix for inline literals, with the understanding
that each such non-prefixed literal string results in
a uniquely labeled node in the graph. I.e. the N3 triple

   <something> <someproperty> "somestring" .

becomes the N-Triple

   <something> <someproperty> _:x"somestring" .

etc.

Patrick