Ensuring consistency of terminology

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:26:39 +0000
To: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

We want to ensure that all the key concepts are described consistently
across our various docs.

I propose:

o each concept has a natural defining home, e.g. abstract syntax stuff in
concepts, schema stuff in ...

o the editors of the 'natural home' for a concept or term get to define it.

o other editors MUST refer to that definition and MAY quote all/part of it.

o editors MUST NOT create their own definitions for terms or invent terms
whose natural home is in another document

o editors are encouraged to add a glossary to their documents

o we will create an internal WG document for style issues and keep a list
of common terms and their natural home there.

Brian