RE: Syntax Doc

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:54:30 +0100
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Frank Manola" <fmanola@mitre.org>
Cc: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Frank:
> > I can't think of a better way to insure
> > that what people think RDF is (including both RDF/XML and Schema) is
> > what's described in the Primer than to make all the normative specs
> > "bare-bones normative" (and hence virtually unreadable).  The specs
> > people can read tend to become "normative" by usage.
Jeremy:
> Very well-argued.

I wrote that a couple of days ago, I guess it got held up on my PC.

On reflection, I feel this is a good argument to make the primer correct,
which I think we wanted to do anyway. It does not matter at all if people
don't have examples of how to use bagID because its useless. All the
rdf:parseType's are there for other specs to and implementations to build
on - apart from "Literal" which I hope the primer will treat a little. If
the primer doesn't mention property attributes, and then no one uses them,
that won't be a huge lose to humanity.

Jeremy