Re: Syntax Doc

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:54:18 -0600
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>>  Would the phrase "object node" would make more sense?
>
>Yes, you used that a few times, it's better but still awkward though. There
>is little clarity in section 2 as to when you are talking about XML and when
>you are talking about RDF. ... I'll try and be constructive in my detailed
>comments tomorrow.

There is an broader issue of terminology here. We have many audiences
to speak to and they bring different presuppositions to bear on what
we write. So I think it is OK to occasionally err on the side of
loquacity in order to avoid possible misunderstanding, eg using
phrases like 'object, in the sense of the third item in the triple'

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam