Re: terminology: what's a data model

At 19:08 29/10/2002 -0500, Frank Manola wrote:

[...]

>WG (especially other editors)--
>
>I'm probably not the only Editor who's trying to keep track of all these
>last minute "little suggestions" floating around that potentially affect
>their spec, and I'd sure appreciate it if you could be very explicit as to
>any changes that are actually being made.  For example:  if you change the
>title of your document, it affects all the others.

Frank makes a good point here.  I'm only just beginning to appreciate how
tricky it must be to keep the docs in sync.  I was looking at Dave's syntax
document yesterday and noticed that he has some pretty precise references
to internal sections of the concepts doc (e.g. 2.4.4 ...)

I guess we need a policy on how to handle these.  This is really up to the
editors though I have a suggestion.  We could aim to have a reference
freeze about a week before final review and publication.  In that week the
editors are not allowed to change section numbers, etc.  Each editor must
go through his doc in that week and check that all references are correct.