Re: WebOnt: Structured Datatypes

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:00:27 +0000
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, ext Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>

>>>Patrick Stickler said:
> 	Jeremy? Dave? Did typed XML literals actually make it into
> 	the RDF/XML and graph syntax? (I've lost track...)

Well, formerly XML literals were special, they set an is_XML flag on
the literals, hence
   "foo" compared to xml"foo"

Now, the latter is considered part of the datatype structure
and hence the is_XML flag is subsumed by the datatype URI rdfs:XMLLiteral

i.e.  "typed XML literals" are gone.

hence my recent question about killing the syntax xml"foo" form:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0403.html
which I'm moving to doing unless I get some real problems with it.
(Jeremy at least supports this).

Dave