Re: The first sentence

Brian McBride wrote:

> At 12:21 28/10/2002 -0500, Frank Manola wrote:
> >I still like my formulation:
>
> So do I, its pretty close to my suggestion.  The difficulty I have is that
> the sentence in the primer does not make it clear whether it's the RDF
> information thats in the web or the resources that the information is about
> or both.

That's a healthy ambiguity in my opinion; at least through the end of
the first sentence!  Resolving this ambiguity (which is sort of built
into what we're doing in some respects) in one sentence is a laudable
goal, but I really did try to clarify this in the next few sentences.
Oh well, I suppose it's fair if *all* the editors have to change
something!

Let me suggest something else:  if we're going to standardize things
across documents, how about we standardize the way we do references:
e.g.,

*  for the Model Theory, Dave and I have [RDF-MODEL] and Concepts has
[RDF-SEMANTICS],
*  for RDF/XML, I have [RDF-XML] and Concepts has [RDF-SYNTAX],
*  for Schema, I have [RDF-SCHEMA] and Dave and Concepts have
[RDF-VOCABULARY],
*  Dave and I have [RDF-MS] as a normative reference and Concepts has it
as an informational reference,
*  etc. etc.

--Frank