Re: The first sentence

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:44:02 +0000
To: fmanola@mitre.org
Cc: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 12:21 28/10/2002 -0500, Frank Manola wrote:
>I still like my formulation:

So do I, its pretty close to my suggestion.  The difficulty I have is that
the sentence in the primer does not make it clear whether it's the RDF
information thats in the web or the resources that the information is about
or both.  I was trying to get rid of that ambiguity.  As for dropping World
Wide - I don't care much - I just prefer fewer words where they will do the
same job.

[...]

>b.  I'm not sure leaving "about resources" out doesn't change the
>meaning slightly.  Anyway, if we say "for representing information in
>the Web", what about those people who use RDF for representing
>information elsewhere (e.g., in files)?

Seth suggested something similar on rdf comments.  We are a W3C working
group.  We propose recommendations for the web.  If folks want to use them
elsewhere, that's great.  But I suggest we don't want ietf breathing down
our necks saying "Ah, so you are defining recommendations for the internet
are you!  Let me tell you about the process for defining internet standards
..."

micro-editing again
Brian