Re: RDF concepts

At 13:04 25/10/2002 +0300, Patrick Stickler wrote:

[...]

>And as I pointed out, if we have to start using our own idioms that
>are not supported elsewhere for something that has been a feature
>of M&S then RDF loses a great deal of benefit with regards to
>portability of our content between arbitrary systems and tools.

Ah, its becoming clearer.  Nodia is not dissenting on the ground their
code/data would have to change. Nokia is dissenting if the WG fail to
standardize a mechanism for expressing ... I'm struggling to find words to
describe what you are trying to express.

Maybe Nokia could submit a note on the b-node idiom for representing
whatever this is.  There is a good chance it would gain wide
acceptance.  There are many things we are not standardizing.  I'm not sure
what's special about this one.

And as for it being in M&S, this seems to be bound up with datatypes.  M&S
didn't say anything about datatypes, and I don't see how we are taking
anything away from M&S (noting that rdfs:range was in schema) that affects
this issue.