Re: N-Triples changes for datatype values, (possible) N3 alignment

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:02:04 +0100
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 10:13 AM 10/25/02 +0300, Patrick Stickler wrote:
>Is it really that much more effort to look for [a-zA-Z] or
>even [^<] rather than '@' and '<' rather than '^^'.
>
>I can't help but suspect that there are specific plans for
>assigning structural meaning to these delimiters in a similar
>fashion to how '^' is now defined for N3.

FWIW, I think the proposed syntax is just fine.

If it has been chosen to fit in with future plans for N3 (and I don't know
that it has), I really don't see a problem there.

This is a data format that has been designed for expressing test cases, and
one of the key tools for evaluating test cases is cwm, so I think a little
deference in that direction is not at all inappropriate.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>