Re: Time to reconsider namespace URIs?

From: Mike Dean <mdean@bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:22:17 -0400
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

> I would like to hear from the horse's mouth!

I originally supported continued use of the old
namespace(s), but have recently come to believe that a
change is in order, to allow users to indicate schemas and
content that have been updated and to somewhat more
gracefully identify tools that have not.  In the latter
case, I expect that new syntax like rdf:nodeID will cause
more processing errors/warnings than the vocabulary changes.

If we adopt new namespace(s), I propose that the current RDF
and RDFS namespace be reverted to their pre-RDF Core
versions.

> I note that changing the namespace URI is a big deal for tool builders.

I appreciate the hassles involved.

	Mike