Re: Time to reconsider namespace URIs?

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:38:29 +0200
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

> the interpretation of literals in
> the current (old) namespace remains ambiguous, and interpretation in the
> new namespace is subject to the new stricter rules.  This means that Mike
> Dean's data, and others, isn't overnight declared wrong, just
> ambiguous.

I would like to hear from the horse's mouth!

I note that changing the namespace URI is a big deal for tool builders.

Off the top of my head, I would expect the Jena team to need at least a couple
of months to work out and implement an appropriate strategy for this single
feature. Obviously if its the right call then we will do that - but ...

Jeremy