Re: Typed literals: current status

At 22:02 18/10/2002 +0200, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

[...]

>Two issues are:
>+ the dangling langtag is somewhat ugly (but as Pat pointed out that isn't
>much of an argument against Patrick's practical use cases)

Yes there is.  I don't believe use case was issue, that can be resolved
with b-node constructions.  The issue is that Nokia already have code/data
in this triple form and

   a) they dissented to having datatyped literals without lang identifiers

   b) WG members are sympathetic to Nokia's needs and are unwilling to rule
their data illegal