Re: URIs for datatypes (not qnames)

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:32:50 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

At 09:18 AM 10/16/02 +0200, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

>I am finally doing the work on datatypes in the abstract data model.
>I've hit two URI vs qname problems that I *think* somebody in the group knows
>the answer to ...
>However, I did not find appropriate normative references in:
>- Patrick's document
>- the errata for XSD
>1) how do I indicate that the URI
>   &xsd;integer
>is the concept referred to in the (normative ref to) XML Schema Datatypes as
>'integer' in the namespace xsd: [Please give documents that I can normatively

Does XML schema datatypes, section 3.1 give you what you need?

(Possibly coupled with RDF's own concatenation rule for interpretation of
QNames as URIs?)

Hmmm... that's not quite the full story, is it?  Where does the '#' come from?

>2) when creating my own datatype (e.g. derived from an XML Schema Datatype)
>how do I assign a URI to it (rather than a <namespace, local name> pair)

I assumed we would invoke the RDF concatenation rule for making a URI from
a QName.

Graham Klyne