Re: More on XSD in RDF

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:20:11 +0200
To: "ext Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: "ext Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "ext Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

[Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com]

> XML Schema/datatypes document is absolutely clear on this -
> So neither type is a subClassOf the other; but many of their values
> coincide.

Well... even some of the XML Schema folk weren't too sure... but I
suspect the majority of folks would agree with your interpretation.

I think it would be a very useful point of clarification to have
an RDF Schema that would take into account Jeremy's extended
hierarchy (attached), but again, that's outside our scope...

Patrick

num-hierarchy.png
(image/png attachment: num-hierarchy.png)