Re: more feedback

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 03:51, Brian McBride wrote:

> At 23:46 31/10/2002 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>
> >Just how minimal do we want the list semantics to be? In particular, is
> >this satisfiable? :
> >
> >7.
> >rdf:nil rdf:rest _:xxx .
> >
> >? Or can I rule that out? If not, our claim that lists are bounded seems
> >rather hollow, and that was the point of having them in the first place.....
>
> Here I want to float an idea I have mentioned offline to Pat.
>
> Would it make sense to restrict the structure of collections in the
> *abtract syntax*.  Don't worry Dave, I don't think it affects the XML
> syntax - it can only produce well formed lists already.

??? I don't see how you come to that conclusion.
It seems obviously false; witness the following counterexample:

	<rdf:Description about="#aBadList>
	  <rdf:first>1</rdf:first>
	  <rdf:first>2</rdf:first>
	</rdf:Description>

If the list has only one first, then "1" and "2" denote the
same thing; but they don't; they denote distinct things.