Re: more feedback (re-open #rdfms-seq-representation?)

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 04:06, Brian McBride wrote:
> At 00:10 01/11/2002 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >Yes, I think we ought to reopen
> >   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-seq-representation
> >
> >The new information is: the 31May decision record
> >wasn't clear enough to distinguish between positions
> >that Pat/Dan/Jeremy/Graham would support and positions
> >they wouldn't. Each of us thought we agreed at the time,
> >but we discover now (especially when integrating
> >this decision with WebOnt, a critical customer)
> >that we didn't.
> >
> >For me, it was a borderline decision to add
> >parseType="Collection" to RDF at all... not one that
> >I would want to go with over anybody's objection.
>
> I note the irc log shows that it was proposed to add no new semantics to
> cover collections
>
>    http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2002-05-31.html#T14-45-08
>
> but that no decision was recorded.
>

> Webont asked for this on the grounds they needed the syntax.  We've told
> them we have done it

Well, sorta; I don't recall any particular "here's what we did;
is that OK?" ceremony.

> and they have expressed no concerns with our
> solution.

Not so...
  "which it seems to me is a bad decision on almost all grounds"
  -- PatH in WebOnt
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0298.html

>  I note that both DanC and Pat are active in webont and their
> difference of view has not surfaced there.

Again, not so, see 0298.
(I recommend you phrase that as "I haven't seen..."
rather than "it hasn't happened")

>  I will be prepared to reopen it
> if WEBONT come back and raise an issue with us.  I don't want us going off
> and removing it urged on by individuals without the consent of the WEBONT
> WG since, they asked for it in the first place.

I'm not asking to remove it; I'm asking to re-consider it; i.e.
to get straight exactly what we're deciding, and to use recent
developments in WebOnt semantics, which we didn't have
when we made our 31May decision, to inform that decision.