Re: more feedback

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:51:31 +0000
To: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

At 23:46 31/10/2002 -0600, pat hayes wrote:

>Just how minimal do we want the list semantics to be? In particular, is
>this satisfiable? :
>rdf:nil rdf:rest _:xxx .
>? Or can I rule that out? If not, our claim that lists are bounded seems
>rather hollow, and that was the point of having them in the first place.....

Here I want to float an idea I have mentioned offline to Pat.

Would it make sense to restrict the structure of collections in the
*abtract syntax*.  Don't worry Dave, I don't think it affects the XML
syntax - it can only produce well formed lists already.  We write the
abstract syntax so that lists must be syntactically well formed.  Anything
else is not well formed RDF.