W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > May 2002

Re: Telecon draft minutes: 2002-05-03

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 22:19:05 -1000
To: ext Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <B8FCB1D9.148DD%patrick.stickler@nokia.com>

I gave my regrets by email and also during the previous concall.

Patrick


On 2002-05-03 19:20, "ext Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> RDFCore WG minutes for the telecon 2002-05-15
> 
> Transcript:
> http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2002-05-03
> 
> Agenda:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002May/0016.html
> 
> Roll call-
> 
> Participants:
> 
>  - Jeremy Carroll
>  - Dan Connolly
>  - Ron Daniel
>  - Mike Dean
>  - Jos DeRoo
>  - Jan Grant (scribe)
>  - Frank Manola
>  - Brian McBride (chair)
>  - Eric Miller
>  - Steve Petschulat
> 
> Regrets:
> Dave Beckett, Aaron Swartz, Sergei Melnik, Martin Horner,
> Dan Brickley, Pat Hayes
> 
> Review agenda:
> 
> AOB (Brian) There's a new issue from WebOnt,
> http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-duplicate-member-props
> 
> Next telecon:
> Two week from this:
> 10am Boston time, 17 May 2002
> 
> 
> Item 5: Last week's minutes:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0474.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002May/0010.html
> ACCEPTED with correction.
> 
> 
> Item 6: Confirm status of completed actions:
> All accepted.
> 
> 
> Item 7: Confirm status of withdrawn actions:
> Accepted.
> The action on Eric to put the IP disclosure page in place is reiterated.
> Advice from W3 publications teams was to ont point to this from WDs
> until it was in place. Deadline is 30 days after April 24.
> 
> 
> Item 8: Congratulations on a swathe of new WDs:
> Champagne and strawberries all round.
> 
> 
> Item 9: Outstanding issues: 9 left:
> rdfms-duplicate-member-props moved to AOB
> 
> 
> Item 10: Issue rdf-charmod-resources
> 
> Jeremy: there's a new datapoint on this: the XML namespace group appears
> to be using US-ASCII. We should clarify this, and proceed in the light
> of that clarificaion.
> 
> ACTION 2002-05-03#1 (bwm) to review charter over this issue.
> 
> ACTION 2002-05-03#2 (jjc) to ask xml-namespace editors directly how
> xmlns="andre'" and xmlns="andr%xx" are related
> 
> AOB: rdfms-duplicate-member-props
> 
> 
> Item 11: Issue rdfs-isDefinedBy-semantics
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfs-isDefinedBy-semantics
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0478.html
> 
> Aaron's proposed resolution:
> 
> - isDefinedBy is a Property
> - it has no further semantics in the RDF Model Theory
> 
> - further subclasses of it may be created by others
> - it is out of scope for RDF Core to create these subclasses
> 
> No dissent.
> ACCEPTED: tihs proposal was accepted.
> 
> ACTION 2002-05-03#3 (em) to ensure the primer covers the techniques
> of using isDefinedBy to point to schemas
> 
> ACTION 2002-05-03#4 (em) to liase with danbri to ensure primer and
> schema stay in sync over the isDefinedBy issue
> 
> 
> Item 12: Issue rdfs-clarify-subClass-and-instance
> 
> Proposal: the WG resolves that -
> - subClassOf and rdf:type are defined in the RDF Model Theory
> - the RDF Schema spec and RDF Primer provide adequate descriptions of
> these properties
> 
> No dissent.
> ACCEPTED.
> 
> ACTION 2002-05-03#5 (bwm) to close the issue, respond to the issue
> raiser with explanatory text (taken from the primer)
> 
> 
> Item 13: Syntax Doc: serializing b-nodes
> Postponed in the absence of the document editor.
> 
> 
> Item 14:  Issue: rdf-namespace-change
> http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-namespace-change
> 
> It was felt that the WG would be seen as setting a precedent with this
> decision. We should effectively communicate how hard we've deliberated
> over this issue, and how we've struggled to keep from feature-keep and
> deprecation in order to justify keeping the namespaces.
> 
> ACTION 2002-05-03#6 (bwm) to take the lead on the closure of
> rdf-namespace-change
> 
> 
> Item 15: defining literal equality
> Postponed in the absence of Pat Hayes.
> 
> 
> Item 16: daml:collection
> 
> DanC's thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0334.html
> 
> Some discussion at length on this. DanC, Jos both indicated that
> first/rest-style processing was much simpler in their LP systems.
> DanC indicated that WebOnt didn't like the "longhand" format.
> 
> ACTION 2002-05-03#7 (danc) summarise to the list the options for
> collections, with the objections that've been raised (or
> likelihood that "they'll fly")
> 
> 
> AOB#1: http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-duplicate-member-props
> 
> The question posed was: should an RDF parser reject the following as
> illegal?
> 
> <rdf:Bag rdf:about="http://example.org/foo">
> <rdf:_1 rdf:resource="http://example.org/a" />
> <rdf:_1 rdf:resource="http://example.org/b" />
> </rdf:Bag>
> 
> It was decided (no dissent) -
> RESOLUTION: the WG resolves that this is syntactically legal RDF
> 
> ACTION 2002-05-03#10 (jang) add a test case to the suite reflecting this
> decision (rdfms-duplicate-member-props)
> 
> 
> AOB#2: isDefinedBy - futhter discussion
> 
> The difference between seeAlso and isDefinedBy was discussed.
> FrankM: we're not looking at reopening this, we're soliciting advice as
> to what to say in the primer.
> 
> 
> AOB#3: test cases seeking approval
> 
> JanG: heads up, there are more taht need approval.
> ACTION 2002-05-03#8 (jang) push omre of the pending test cases through
> formal approval
> 
> 
> AOB#4: schedule to going to last call.
> 
> DanC: I'm keen that "last call" shouldn't be "first call". We need to
> keep pushing the community to read the WDs.
> 
> ACTION 2002-05-03#9 (em) dash off a quick 5-minute email with list of
> potential groups to colicit feedback from in Hawaii
> 
> 
> The meeting closed.
> 
> 
> 

--
               
Patrick Stickler              Phone: +358 50 483 9453
Senior Research Scientist     Fax:   +358 7180 35409
Nokia Research Center         Email: patrick.stickler@nokia.com
Received on Tuesday, 7 May 2002 13:49:14 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:48:14 EDT