RE: Outstanding Issues - rdfms-seq-representation

On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 08:31, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> > > YAWN, hire a Prolog programmar.
> >
> > I raised this issue, and I didn't say anything about prolog when
> > I raised it. I can't read prolog well enough to tell if
> > the code below works; if it works, it relies
> > on prolog's closed-world reasoning, which I find
> > unacceptable.
>

> Sorry then. (& despite my bravado I wouldn't be surprised if my Prolog was
> buggy - it'll be close enough though).
>
> I was probably a bit offensive.

No problem; it made the issue pretty clear, I think.

> No. You are quite right there is an open world/closed world issue here that
> is non-trivial and is part of RDF containers being defective.

Agreed.

> Personally I think the fixes to make RDF containers OK are decidedly
> non-trivial, and I would guess out-of-charter.

I can live with that; as I said, I'm using a first/rest vocabulary
from another vocabulary, after all.

Oh... I can live with this as long as the "postponed for
the RDF vNext design party" list includes this issue.