RE: Outstanding Issues - rdfms-seq-representation

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:31:01 -0000
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "RDF Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
> > YAWN, hire a Prolog programmar.
>
> I raised this issue, and I didn't say anything about prolog when
> I raised it. I can't read prolog well enough to tell if
> the code below works; if it works, it relies
> on prolog's closed-world reasoning, which I find
> unacceptable.

Sorry then. (& despite my bravado I wouldn't be surprised if my Prolog was
buggy - it'll be close enough though).

I was probably a bit offensive.

No. You are quite right there is an open world/closed world issue here that
is non-trivial and is part of RDF containers being defective.

Personally I think the fixes to make RDF containers OK are decidedly
non-trivial, and I would guess out-of-charter.

Jeremy