RE: Outstanding Issues - rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr:

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:57:03 -0000
To: "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "RDF Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> rdfms-not-id-and-resource-attr:

> The propertyElt production 6.12 of the grammar does not
> allow both an ID attribute and a resource attribute to
> be specified (owner Dave Beckett)

> Dave has made a proposal in the syntax WD; awaiting counter
> proposal from Jeremy.

My counter proposal was made a while ago:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Jan/0018.html

i.e.

[[[

  An rdf:ID attribute is permissable on all property elements and always
refers to the resource that is the reification of the triple corresponding
to that property element.

]]]

The only issue seems to be whether this is a change or a clarification.
I don't care which.

Given that we are trying to make reification usable for provenance and to
force a "reification is intended for provenance" reading from M&S, I think
this is sensible.

With what I understand of the lack of uniformity in the other proposal
actually using the syntactic mechanism for reification becomes a
hyper-specialized activity.

Jeremy