Re: simplified datatyping proposal

Oh dear, it's looking as if I seriously dropped the ball on this...

With my CC/PP hat on I don't see the following "long-range" usage is supported:

    _:SomeClientComponent client-property:dpi "100" .

     :

    client-property:dpi rdfs:range datatype:number .

i.e. does not define support for idiom B in the datatyping desiderata document:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Jan/att-0133/00-gk.htm

What also now seriously bothers me is that I can't see how the full
proposal [1] supports this either.  I had earlier convinced myself that
this was all OK, but now I can't see it.   Aaargh!

I was thinking that there was a way to say that

    client-property:dpi rdfs:range datatype:number .

expressed the property range as the lexical space of some datatype.

[1] http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/users/phayes/DatatypeSummary3.html

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>