around the table on datatypes [ was: Re: datatyping draft 3 (for telecon)]

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:34:03 +0000
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
At 23:58 14/02/2002 -0500, Pat Hayes wrote:
>Latest version of the datatype summary document now available at
>incorporating ideas arising from discussions with Patrick S. (rdfs:drange
>and especially section 10).

I would like to "go round the table" of the WG on the latest datatype
proposal.  By go round the table, I mean to solicit the views of each
member of the WG, without initiating a debate on members views.  We can
then summarize those views and deal with issues arising.

Please answer the following questions:

   o Does the datatyping proposal meet your
     needs and the needs of your users?
     (Who are they?) (What is missing?)

   o Are there features that could be dropped and
     still meet the needs of your users? (Which?)

   o Does the proposal 'work for you'?

   o Are there any concerns with the proposal
     you would like to raise? (What are they?)