Re: datatyping draft 3 (for telecon)

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:26:00 -0500
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>Looks great, Pat.
>In subsequent word-smithing, we likely would want to clarify
>the fact that (sans the A/B assertions) one can use rdfs:range
>with a datatype class to constrain property values to the value
>space of the datatype without imposing any lexical constraints,
>and that rdfs:drange imposes both value and lexical constraints.

Yes, it needs more wordsmithing to make things very clear, also
ideally some usage examples to make all the points.

>Thus, if one only cares that a given property has 'integer'
>values, one need not define a separate class just for integers,
>but can use an existing datatype class such as xsd:integer,
>borrowing only its value space for the constraint, so to

Right. And indeed also, following the discussion after the telecon,
you can borrow its lexical space, if that interests you.

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax