Re: datatyping draft 3 (for telecon)

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:36:56 +0200
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

Looks great, Pat.

In subsequent word-smithing, we likely would want to clarify
the fact that (sans the A/B assertions) one can use rdfs:range
with a datatype class to constrain property values to the value
space of the datatype without imposing any lexical constraints,
and that rdfs:drange imposes both value and lexical constraints.

Thus, if one only cares that a given property has 'integer'
values, one need not define a separate class just for integers,
but can use an existing datatype class such as xsd:integer,
borrowing only its value space for the constraint, so to
speak.

Cheers,

Patrick