Re: why S doesn't require double properties [was: Datatyping Sum mary V4]

On Thursday, February 7, 2002, at 02:07 , ext Eric Miller wrote:

> At 01:45 PM 2/7/2002 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:
>> At 09:36 05/02/2002 -0800, Ronald Daniel wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Hmmm, does that mean that our user community is saying:
>>
>>   o S-B on its own is sufficient
>>   o keep it simple, only give us one way to do things
>
> Regarding the last point, yes this is certainly a common theme that I'm
> hearing... keep it simple and only give us one way to do things (or more
> accurate perhaps, the more ways one can do things, the more ways things
> can go wrong).

Well, I've been arguing the KISS principle from the
start, and while I'm still all for it, S-B alone doesn't
do the job.

Fine that it alone serves the needs of some folks. They
can just use the global idiom and forget the rest. But
some of us need the rest.