Re: domain of rdfs:member

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:02:19 -0500
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

* Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> [2002-12-23 17:08+0000]

> I'm working on the schema doc.  I've just removed the statement that the
> domain of rdfs:member is rdf:Container on the grounds I couldn't find it in
> the MT and I remember us deciding there was no domain for the property (I
> think).
>
> This message is to check that I'm right.

You're right. We didn't want :r1 rdf:_1 "blah" to imply that :r1 was a
container, since we wanted to allow the _n properties to be used on
things that weren't containers. Saying that they are all specializations of a
property with a domain of Container woudl mess that up (I assume there's
a bit of the MT that fleshes this out).

Dan